Soruna Bathhouse

Welcome to the incredibly luxurious Sorūna Bathhouse and Boarding! An interactive roleplay group where your character is an Eidolon staff member living and working in the ever-busy bathhouse.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

(o) Welcome to the Gardens

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LanYing

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:07 am

Lan Ying stopped, slightly surprised of Draconis' greeting. She turned around to see the two gentlemen- worried that by ignoring them earlier, she showed some disrespect. "Good morning Mr. Draconis, Mr. Yokuto." She said gently as she bowed to her superiors.

"...sorry if I disturbed your conversation-" she added nervously after a bit of a pause.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yokuto Sakai

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:16 am

Yokuto's presence seemed to darken at Draconis's words. He admired the mans will to do what was right, no matter the consequences. But Zhuyin had forces on his side Drake wouldn't even be able to fathom.
"You will be held responsible." Was all he was able to say, in a soft voice, before he realized that there was another young worker out in the garden with them. He turned to the girl and realized he didn't recognize her. She must have been new.
Instantly Yokuto became his jolly self again. He waved his hand dismissively at the young woman.
"There is no need to apologize." He said kindly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LanYing

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:34 pm

Yan Ling let out a little smile, reliefed. "Thank you sir," she paused for a second, racking her head for what to say. "I-I'm Lan Ying, a Garden Worker-- it- it was nice meeting you-" she stuttered, not sure if it was okay to introduce yourself out of the blue to a superior.
But Mr. Yokuto, she sensed, was a person that was on the "right" side- a nice man. He also reminded her of one of the elders that raised her, back in her hometown.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draconis

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:44 pm

"I am aware...but if it means the safety of my workers, I will take anything he throws." he murmured. As a dragon, honour was something he held in high regard, and protecting those who could protect themselves was a duty he took on himself as he rose in rank.

however, he sensed the other's aura darkening, and bowed his head in silent apology, not wanting to upset the man.

he then looked to Lan Ying and gestured her over. "Would you care to join us?" he asked softly. he'd rather know all of his workers so he knew how they worked and how he could help them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LanYing

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:03 am

"safety of the workers?" She wondered, but quickly sunk the thought- it was not her place to meddle, after all.
Lan Ying blinked disbelievingly at the invitation; none of her superiors from previous jobs had been so kind to have invited her to tea. She looked around her back for a bit, making sure that she was the one being spoken to. Finding no one, she asked unsurely, "...me?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yokuto Sakai

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:01 pm

Yokuto decided that now was not the time or place to talk about any corruption or bad situations. The truth was, it was mostly likely that nothing seriously bad would happen if Draconis could control his temper around the Administrative Manager. That's wall Yokuto hoped for. He didn't want any trouble for his healer friend.

He smiled at the young girl and nodded his head. He would have been the one to invite her himself, but it wasn't his tea to offer out. He was glad that Draconis was so willing to share with those he worked with. It created stronger work bonds and made the bathhouse staff seem more like a family. It was the approach Yokuto took with his own workers as well, and it made his job so much more enjoyable.

"Of course young one, come join us. Draconis makes a delicious cup of tea." He said in a grandfatherly tone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draconis

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:01 am

Draconis chuckled softly at the other's surprise and nodded softly, gesturing for the girl to take a seat.

"It's fine. it's far too early to be working just yet. is there any particular tea you'd like?" he asked softly, Amber eyes landing on the young girl and allowing a twitch of a smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LanYing

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:46 am

Lan Ying smiled politely and hesitantly sat in an empty seat, feeling a bit bubbly but anxious at the same time "a-any tea would be fine, sir" she said, trying to make her voice as not-nervous-sounding as she could.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yokuto Sakai

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:27 pm

Yokuto smiled at Lan Ying and leaned in a little closer, putting his hand up to his mouth as if he was pretending to whisper to her.

"His green tea is the best." He says in a faux whisper, and then picks up his own cup and swirls it a little as if to show her, grinning big.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LanYing

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:30 am

Lan Ying was a bit startled, then nodded nervously at Yokuto as a thanks for his suggestion. "th-then- may I have some green tea-?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draconis

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:51 pm

Draconis rolled his eyes softly and his shoulders shook in a silent laugh.

he stood up to gather a nother tea cup and set it before Lan ying.

"i prefer mine with lemon. but there i can get you hunny or sugar if you wish." he murmured, pouring the tea and putting out his pipe around the younger one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LanYing

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:59 am

"w-with honey?" she said softly, still finding the situation unbelievable and surreal. She was more used to her superiors looking down at her rather than being nice to her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yokuto Sakai

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:51 pm

Yokuto could sense that the girl was not used to being treated kindly by those in a higher position then her. It didn't surprise him either. In this city, those with lower status were often treated cold at best, and even abused depending on who they were working for. He silently hoped this young girl had never been subject to such abuse. Anyone getting treated like that made Yokuto's heart ache. No matter who they were, or who they grew up to be.

Yokuto remembered, many years ago, a young man drinking his sorrows away due to such abuse. And now that young man was in a high ranking position of power, bestowing the same corrupt treatment to those he oversaw.

"You must be new here." He said out loud, not really asking but rather stating. "You'll find that on the garden level you'll work for some very professional and kind individuals, Draconis here being one of them. He is strict but fair, aren't you dragon?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LanYing

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:16 am

"Ah- right" she nodded, agreeing that so far her job here in the gardens have been peaceful and much better than her previous jobs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draconis

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:45 pm

Draconis chuckled softly and smiled a touch.

"you could say that." he murmured, sipping at his tea.

he looked over at Lan Ying and set his cup down before crossing his arms over his chest and closed his eyes.

"while you're with us here, you don't have to worry. I will treat you as an equal for the most part as long as you do not betray any trust i may put in you." he murmured, flicking some of his hair out of his eyes before moving it with his hand once it got caught on his horns.

he huffed a little. "damn human hair....gets in the way some times." he grumbled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yokuto Sakai

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Yokuto couldn't help but chuckle at Draconis's troubles when dealing with his unruly mane of hair.

"You are due for a haircut, Mister Draconis." Yokuto decided, finishing the last of his tea.

He gently set the cup down on the table and then rested his hands on his stomach. He had a jolly expression on his face, having been satisfied by having as nice a morning treat as tea with good company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LanYing

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:51 am

"R-- Right! I'll do my best here!" Lan Ying exclaimed- abit too loud, she then thought while she shyly sunk in her seat. To be treated as an equal-- she was still astonished by how nice her boss is. Letting out a small giggle following Yokuto's chuckle, she felt as if it was her first real laugh in a long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draconis

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:33 pm

Draconis smiled ever so slightly at Yokuto's comment.

"Perhaps. Or maybe I should invest in some sort of cord to tie back my hair." he murmured, holding out a lock of his fringe with a tiny scowl.

He winced slightly at how loud Lan was, but chuckled softly at her enthusiasm. It was good the girl was enthusiastic but-

"Less loud please." He murmured, not overly found of loud noises. It was another reason he came to work in the gardens. They were nice and quiet and didn't cause him headaches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LanYing

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:05 pm

"a-a-ah yes, so-sorry sir--" LanYing said with her head down, her face red with embarassment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yokuto Sakai

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:54 am

Yokuto couldn't help but chuckle. When he had been younger, he too had very long hair that he often pulled back.

But now most of that hair had thinned away to baldness. Not that he particularly minded. He liked the way he looked for his age.

He was not the type to be envious of others, including his past self.

"I never thought I'd see the day when a dragon tells a girl to lower her voice." He said, giving Lan Ying a reassuring grin. The poor girls cheeks were crimson.

He himself didn't mind noise, especially enthusiasm. The kitchen was a bustling and chaotic place, and he knew it wouldn't be too long until he wouldn't be able to hear anyone unless they were yelling. His old ears couldn't keep up forever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draconis

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:42 pm

Draconis smiled softly.

"I'm used to calmer quiet enviroments. My family were never loud really, and i lived in the mountains before traveling down to learn. even then, i kept to myself and enjoyed the calm quiet i could get when away from people. the only time i was in hectic and noisy enviroments was when i went to towns and cities or when i was an active healer in a village." He explained, sipping at his tea and puffing at his pipe.

"also, Lan Ying. I'm not angry. just soften your voice please." he asked softly, allowing his eyes to fall shut.

for such a hard worker, he was actually quite lazy in his mannerisms. his eyes were usually closed and movements slow and easy. until he got upset.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (o) Welcome to the Gardens   

Back to top Go down

(o) Welcome to the Gardens
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2